WHAT IS IT?
A time away from the school for the eighth grade class to work together on team building skills; to appreciate their peers for their unique gifts and talents; and to grow closer in their relationships with God, Nature, Others and Self.
WHERE IS IT?
At YMCA Camp Colman on the Kitsap Penninsula. Nestled among 100 acres of forest, Camp Colman has over a half mile of beach and a warm saltwater lagoon which boasts views of the Olympic Mountains. In addition to team building activities, students will have opportunities to use the boating facilities, sport courts, archery center and arts & crafts room. Students sleep in cabins under adult supervision and all food is provided by the YMCA camp staff.
*** See map for directions and emergency phone number ***
WHEN IS IT?
Fall of 8th Grade
WHAT CAN PARENTS DO?
1. We need parents with current Safe Environment Training to drive students to Camp Colman on Monday morning.
2. We need parents with current Safe Environment Training to pick up students from Camp Colman and bring them to HRS on Wednesday. You can sign up to drive on the permission slip. Thank you.
3. We would love treats (cookies, brownies, baked items, healthy snacks)
4. We would love pop and/or juice boxes
5. We would love a few coolers with bags of ice.
Ropes Retreat Packing List
What to Bring – A few words of advice:
* Activities happen rain or shine so be sure to pack appropriately!
* Bring old clothes. New clothes will come home looking very old!
* All items should be marked with your child’s name
* Students should be limited to one suitcase, backpack, or duffle bag!
_____ Warm sleeping bag
_____ Pillow (optional)
_____ Pajamas (or something to sleep in that you haven’t been wearing all day)
_____ Walking Shoes (2 pairs)
Socks and Underwear (plenty)
Shirts (heavy & light-weight)
Warm Sweater or Sweatshirt
Long Pants (2 pairs)
Raincoat, Rain pants
Hat and gloves/mittens
Plastic bag for dirty clothing
_____ Toothbrush and toothpaste (please!)
_____ Towel and washcloth
_____ Sunscreen lotion, lip salve
_____ Medications (Give to Mr.S)
_____ Hand towel for cabin bathrooms (No paper towels)
_____ Comb or brush
_____ Water bottle for hiking
_____ Small backpack for carrying extra jacket, water, journal etc
Inexpensive camera (Label with name & school)
______ Fun stuff for cabin time (cards?)
Special Items (Mandatory) – We will discuss both of these in class during the first week
______ Crazy Outfit
______ Sharing Item
Do Not Bring
* Money or other Valuables (unless school has requested the camp store be open).
* Fishing Rods, Bikes, Roller blades, Skateboards
* Radios, Tape/CD players, Electronic Games, Cell Phones, Hairdryers or other electric appliances
* Knives, Matches, Fireworks
* Food, Candy, Gum, Soda Pop or other Beverages